updated health tips and articles

10/23/2010

You're The Only One That Matters

Donovan Owens


To some, this may not be considered my normal fitness and nutrition motivation but hear me out and it will all make sense.

Here's the quick n' dirty....

Stop Taking Care of Everyone Else At the Expense of Yourself!

I see this day in and day out at.

People, wonderful souls, taking care of others needs before tending to their own.

As natural care-givers, this is so true of women especially.

"Where does Johnny need to be at 5pm?"

"Gotta get to the craft store by 3 for Sally's homework supplies"

"What am I going to make for dinner?"

"Starting at 9pm... Laundry"

I'm a blessed man with a beautiful wife and 2 beautiful children, myself.

Trust me; I get it.

Life is busy.

Demands from work, family and home can become beyond overwhelming at times.

Bur far too often, the word 'self' is left off that list above.

The cold hard truth is that you will never reach your goals if you don't prioritize your needs and add yourself to the daily 'must do' list.

And really, that's all there is to it.

The determined and convicted mindset to simply add your name to the top of the list (or at very least, half way down!).

Here's a little secret I've learned about success and self-fulfillment that I think will serve you extremely well...

Success is nothing more than scheduling and preparation.

Schedule your time and prepare accordingly - let nothing rest in fates hands.

Here are my "3 Most Important Things I Do (and so should you) To Make Sure I'm On My List" -

1) Make Your Schedule Visible

Don't have a running itinerary floating in your head that leaves you dizzy and is in constant flux.

Write things down.

Be diligent about recording what it is you're going to do, when and for how long.

You will be AMAZED at how much more time you realize you have in a day when everything is set and scheduled.

2) Prepare Nightly

Every evening, the very last thing I do before checking out for the day, is set my schedule for tomorrow.

I sleep more comfortably knowing that everything is in order for the next day; all I have to do is wake up and execute.

I don't have any 'Oh Ya... I Forgot' moments.

I don't run around like a madman.

I don't let things slip through the cracks (most of the time).

And I ALWAYS have time for me and my needs.

In fact, I encourage you to use the same system I do. It's 100% free.

Google Docs ( www.docs.google.com ) gives you templates to use that allow you to create schedules online and access them from any computer or computerized device.

In my car, at my office or even at a local photocopy center, I have complete and unfettered access to my schedule at the click of a button.

Give it a try!

3) Let EVERYONE Know!

Here's my last little secret....

Tell EVERYONE that this is your new way of conducting business.

Your spouse.

Kids.

Family.

Friends.

And live HARD by this notion....

If it's not on my schedule, you can't expect me to get it done at the last moment.

Trust me entirely here. It's a short process, but once everyone in your life knows that you maintain a rigid schedule and accountability on your time, there last minute "Can you...?" will come to an abrupt stop!

Schedule and preparation....

The two secret but insanely effective keys to success!

Decide,

Donovan Owens
THE Boot Camp Godfather

P.S. Although this is not direct fitness and nutrition information, scheduling and preparation can and will dramatically affect how much time you spend in this area. Don't let it fall through the cracks.

Donovan Owens, is a Fitness Professional from Hutto, Texas, and invites you to connect with him over at his blog http://iDecideFitness.com/Blog and while you're there pick up his FREE Rapid Fat Loss Report.

0 comments: